Hi! I was nominated to write about one of my characters by the lovely Jowita. She seemed interested in learning a little bit more about our heiress for Generation C, so I’ve come with you today with this!
Update: I was also nominated by SempreviaSims. She’s totally cool and great and I got distracted from reading her OC Tag that I didn’t see she nominated me. This is her thank you for the nomination!
Here are the rules:
- Pick a character you’ve created. (I’ve picked Carmen since Jowita was interested in her.)
- Fill in the questions/statements as if you were that character.
- Tag at least four people to do this meme.
- What is your name? My name is Carmen Harpinger. Nice to meet you.
- Do you know why you were named that? I’ve been told it was because my mom was craving caramels why she was pregnant with me and my sister Cassidy, but who really knows. My mother had some issues.
- Stop being a Mary Sue! Ha! Mary Sue, that’s definitely not me, maybe my twin but not me.
- What’s your eye color? My eyes are brown.
- How about hair color? Black, just like my mothers.
- Have you any family members? I have a pretty big family. There’s me, my twin Cassidy, Cynthia, and my other younger sisters Claire and Ciaira. Then I have a family of my own. My husband Freddy, and our three children, Dee Dee, Daria, and Dexter.
- Oh, how about pets? No pets, my mother had an allergy to them and now my son has an allergy to them too.
- That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like? I don’t really like my job, despite me getting a degree in Journalism… It takes too much time away from me and my family.
- Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do? I like to read palms. You know, I used to have a job as a fortune teller, but that was a long time ago. I also like to play sports, it was just something I happened to get into during my college days.
- Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before? I might have said a few mean things in my time but I don’t think they should be taken seriously.
- Ever… killed anyone before? Physically? No.
- What kind of animal are you? Hmmm, I don’t really know. Maybe a hamster.
- Name your worst weaknesses. Being too nice, I give too many chances, especially with family.
- Do you look up to anyone at all? My dad, he was a good man. He was a loving father and husband. He was eccentric at times but I think that was mom rubbing off on him. I’d like to be the same as my father.
- Are you straight, gay or bisexual? I am bisexual. Not many people know that about me.
- Do you go to school? I did. School wasn’t as fun as I thought it would be. It was a lot of studying.
- Ever want to marry and have kids one day? I’m happily married now with three lovely kids. When I was younger I didn’t really think much about marriage until I met someone and we fell in love, things ended poorly, but it changed my outlook on marriage.
- Do you have fangirls/fanboys? Back in my youth, I was very popular, nowadays, not so much.
- What are you most afraid of? I don’t have many fears besides my big family breaking up.
- What do you usually wear? I feel like a middle-aged woman and so I wear middle-aged woman clothes.
- What’s one food that tempts you? Birthday cake. I love sweets.
- Am I annoying you? No, it’s refreshing to be answering questions instead of asking them all the time.
- Well, it’s not over! Bring it on.
- What class are you (low class, middle class, high class)? High class. I’m famous and rich, but I like to live humbly.
- How many friends do you have? I have a lot of friends, too many to count.
- What are your thoughts on pie? Please don’t mention pie to me. It reminds me of losing a pie eating contest.
- Favorite drink? I’m not a big drinker, but I do like to sip on juice from time to time.
- What’s your favorite place? The dining room, that’s where I eat my cake.
- Are you interested in anyone? What a silly question, of course, I’m interested in my husband. Don’t go spreading any rumors about us not being happily married!
- That was a stupid question. I’d like to say no question is a stupid question, but goodness…
- Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean? I’ve never been swimming. Maybe a lake. The town is full of those.
- What’s your type? I don’t have a type. I like everyone.
- Any fetishes? No comment.
- Camping or indoors? Camping sounds fun. I don’t get out as much as I’d like.
Well, that was it. It was fun doing this and I know everyone else is probably saying this too but let me know if you want me to do another! Now I would nominate someone to do this but Jowita got greedy with her nominations, lol, I still ❤ you Jowita, but it’s difficult to come up with nominees! So if you’re reading this and want to do, go on ahead and give it a go! Please consider yourself nominated!
Hello! Last part we left off with Dee Dee’s new friend and this part we start off with him… in our house at 3 in the morning. Go Home! He’s clearly tired and there’s nowhere for him to sleep beside the couch. He finally leaves! ~Intermisson~ Instead of being at work, my sim-self goes to […]
Hello hello! It seems I’ve been nominated and awarded with this bright badge. Thank you to Jowita of neverdoitagain for nominating me/awarding me this honor
and stealing most of my nominees. Now if you’re reading this and you don’t know who Jowita is you’re clearly missing out because she’s an awesome person and her story is amazing! Without her, I wouldn’t have this blog or this nomination so thank you again! Now without further ado let’s get on to the stuff…
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
Never have I ever been considered a sunny anything so this is a first for me.
1. In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
I’ve done 2 of the 4 rules already so let’s finish this out!
- What do you most enjoy about being a member of the WordPress community?
- How often do you check to see if there’s anything new out here on WordPress?
- What makes you call a person a skillful writer?
- What do you do when you get bored in your game and don’t know what to write about for your new chapter [for the game-driven blogs]? / What do you do when you feel like you’re stuck on a particular storyline and don’t know where to take it? [for the story-driven blogs]
- The prettiest Sim you’ve ever had in your game?
- Your favorite couple in your gameplay/stories?
- Your favorite non-romantic relationship in your gameplay/stories?
- Have you had a Sim that you fell in love with right away?
- If you ever did any storylines, what is the one you’re most proud of? If you didn’t, post the oldest picture from your save.
- Have you had any Sims that remind you of someone?
- Is there any random fact about your blog story you want to share?
- Being a member of the WordPress Community, mostly the simming community on WordPress is an amazing experience because everyone is so supportive and nice. I enjoy getting to know other people and their stories/art through the blog they make and the conversations, no matter how short, we have.
- I don’t check for new stories from new authors often because I need to catch up with the blogs I’m currently reading but if you mean comments, I’m usually checking every few hours or so.
- To me, a skillful writer is someone who can write in many different styles and their diction and syntax make an enjoyable and almost tangible world.
- When I get bored in my game (which hasn’t happened yet with this blog) I usually start another save file and start playing around with ideas for that file and maybe I’ll see something about it that I like, or I’ll do something in the current file that I wouldn’t do in real life, like go outside.
- The prettiest sim I’ve ever had in my game… I’m assuming I didn’t make them from scratch (but who am I kidding, I suck at making sims) so I’d have to say based on genetics and where this current generation is going, it’s Daria Harpinger for females and Connor, Harry Styles love child he had in my game. At least so far that’s how it’s looking, even though I did accidentally make Megan Fox once on the console sims 3…
- My favorite couple in my game/story no one knows about but me and I can’t say anything about them yet because it has to do with my story that’s on hiatus and it takes place too far down the storyline to tell anyone about anyhow… so I’m just going to go with Bart and Haley.
- My favorite non-romantic relationship is probably Carmen and Cassidy because they were so close when they were younger and then Cassidy became a hater, and now they have the fakest relationship and it makes for some great drama.
- Yes, it’s a sim in my save file I have where I play as me and one of my best friends. My husband was this random that was created as the proprietor of the big park in Starlight Shores.
- Before I began my blog I had a game file that I tried to do a legacy challenge on. The family was called the Mauberry’s and the whole thing was wild. It took place in Sunset Valley, my sim had married Stiles McGraw who turned out to be a vampire (back when my game randomly turned sims into supernaturals, it doesn’t do that anymore sadly) and they had twin boys. The first twin was named Ace and his brother who was a vampire was named Kevin. They grew up into teens and I made Ace’s imaginary friend real and he started dating her, but she died… so I brought her back to life and sent them to university, where Ace and the IF were engaged. Everything was nice and fine until the IF started homewrecking (which I kinda did on purpose) but she killed Kevin because she kept talking to him outside and wouldn’t let him go inside. Kevin caught on fire and died (which I didn’t want to happen). I was so distraught I just deleted the whole game.
- Annabell Lee from my actual sim-story that like I mentioned earlier is on hiatus. She is extremely loosely based off of my very best friend. The only thing Annabell has in common with my very best friend is that they have similar personalities and that they’re Ride or Dies.
- Random fact about my blog story… The way the current generation is playing out isn’t how it was supposed to and you may think I mean with just Wilfred not being there but I mean Carmen had an entirely different husband other than Freddy when they moved to Hidden Springs. It was Hector Mendoza who was going to carry on the H named spouses, but sadly my game crashed before I could save and here we have Freddy.
Now on to my questions for my nominees…
- Where do these awards come from? Who created these awards and distributed them out to the blogging community?
- Where any of your characters inspired by anyone in your life?
- When you’re blogging do you have “brain food” to help you along the journey that is putting fingers to keys?
- On average how long does it take to make just one chapter/post for your blog?
- Who or what gave you the idea to start blogging whether it is on WordPress originally or not?
- If English is not your first language, do you write in your native tongue first and then translate or do you write in English first?/ If English is your first language what language do you wish you could read/write?
- This one is actually for me, but what kind of computer do you use/ what settings do you have your game set on?
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without playing any type of sims game?
- Do you play other games besides the sims?
- Name one thing you like about your story.
- Name one thing you’d like to change about your story.
And now the people
who have the misfortune of answering my questions I am nominating, in no particular order:
- The Lowe Legacy
- The Mayfields
- My “Legacy” in Sims 3
- Our Different Paths
- Absolutely Cuckoo
- Light the way to heaven
- Loki is Surrounded by Idiots
- Zale Family ISBI – Alphabetcy
- GC Sims
- The Life & Times of the Willows
Thank you for reading this and have a nice morning, day, or night!
Hello and welcome back. We start this part out with family activities, and by family activities I mean everyone doing their own thing in the same general area. Daria is on the phone talking to my simself’s daughter, Sabrina, Freddy is cleaning the house, and Carmen is eating cake for breakfast because she’s an adult […]
Hey ho! You know what doesn’t ever get old? Birthdays, we had one last part and now we’re having another one. It’s Daria’s, birthday y’all, let’s celebrate! Here she is, Daria the blonde beauty. She’s so pretty, I love her. I’ve never had a child sim turn out that pretty before. Don’t get me wrong, […]
Welcome welcome! We’re back with another family haunting. Haley does not give a single care about this family. Everyone was asleep and she goes into the most occupied room and starts possessing the lamp. ~Intermisson~ I got promoted to getaway driver. And I got a car that’s not invisible. ~Intermisson Over~ So it’s birthday time for […]
Before we jump into this part, I just want to say sorry for disappearing for almost a month. I know I said that I would update every day for the rest of that week but some not so very good things happened… I actually had most of the parts finished with and in my notes ready […]